Monday, 30 August 2010

Monday 30th August 2010 – That Sunday Night Feeling

Some of you might know I've had two weeks off work in order to finish Teen Novel #3. I've enjoyed the time off and have nearly finished the book so it was time well spent. The weather wasn't great but at least I wasn't tempted to laze around in the garden when I should have been writing. The down side is that I'm finding it hard to summon up enthusiasm to go back to work tomorrow, hence the pie chart. Anyone else got that Sunday night sinking feeling?


If you have a moment or two, pop over to The Literary Project, where I talk about what I love about writing, how I feel about agents and why I'd think twice about writing a debut YA novel. Or if you fancy a longer read, why not nip over to The Book Depository, who have got copies of My So-Called Haunting in stock and are dispatching them now with 25% off and free P&P.

PS Sorry about the odd formatting on this post. I tried creating it in MS Word 2007 and exporting to the blog. It wasn't an unqualified success...

5 comments:

HelenMHunt said...

I had last week off work and spent it doing fun things like going to Edinburgh Book Fest. So I share your dread at the return to real life.

womagwriter said...

Catching up, here. Glad to hear you've almost completed the third book, and I love your covers! Looking forward to reading My So-called Haunting.

Going back to work is always rubbish, even just after a bank holiday weekend. Hope it's not too horrible tomorrow!

Tam said...

Helen - It sucks, doesn't it? I'll think of you in the morning and try to be brave.

Womag - Hallo! I imagine it'll be fine once I get there, it's just the idea of it. Thanks for your kind comments about MSCH - hope you like Skye when you meet her.

Carol said...

It's always hard to go back to work after having a holiday :-)

C x

Tam said...

Carol - The good news is that I've survived so far...